From this post you will be able to catch up on the latest news from the Arizona State Capitol on efforts to restore funding to the Arizona State Parks Heritage Fund.
Already bills have been dropped for the 2021 session of the State Legislature, and another bill may be advanced as well.
We’ll provide ways that you can voice your opinion on funding the State Parks Heritage Fund to the legislators representing your district and other legislators who are either sponsors of bills or serve on committees where the bills will be heard.
- Arizona Heritage Fund Fact Sheet – 2021
- 2021 Arizona Heritage Fund Report
- 2021 Support State Parks Heritage Fund with Talking Points
- 2020 Economic Value of Trails in Arizona publication by Arizona State Parks & Trails
- Research finds taxpayers get more than 4 times return on investment in Maricopa County parks and recreation – report by ASU School of Community Resources and Development.
- Tucson Opinion: Raise your outside voice in support of the outddoors by Kirk Astroth Special to the Arizona Daily Star, February 9, 2021
- Arizonas Support State Parks Heritage Fund – Arizona Heritage Alliance Lists “Shovel-Ready” Projects to Benefit Communities, May 21, 2021
HB2721 Social Media Posts
- HB 2721 Social Media Infographic – “Help Finish the Job”
- HB2721 Social Media Infographic – “Business and Jobs”
- HB2721 Social Media Infographic – “Overcoming Pandemic Hardship”
- HB2721 Social Media Infographic – “Especially Rural Recovery”
- HB2721 Social Media Infographic – “2019 Poll Results”
With your help, our state’s parks, trails, open spaces, and historic and cultural sites in our cities, towns, and tribal lands will again receive much needed financial support for maintenance and improvements.