An event bringing officials and citizens together to address Arizona’s economic state:
- Thursday, April 9, 2009
- 9 – 11 a.m. (Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.)
- Tempe Center for the Arts, 700 W. Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ
Arizona’s fiscal 2009 budget faced the largest deficit in the country and the deficit is expected to nearly double next year, reaching $3 billion. The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) is determined to address this by convening Arizona’s business, education and government leaders, and elected officials for a two-hour event that will include:
- Presentation by Governor Brewer’s top advisors on current budget situation and budget recommendations.
- Presentation by GPEC on improving Arizona’s economic competitiveness.
- Eileen Klein, Director, State Office of Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Tom Manos, Governor’s Chief Budget Advisor
- Michael Bidwill, President, Arizona Cardinals and GPEC Chair
- Barry Broome, President/CEO, GPEC
RSVP by email or call 602-262-8632.