[Source: Westin Kierland Resort & Spa]
In conjunction with the Sharlot Hall Museum, Arizona Historical Society, and Historian Marshall Trimble, The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa is honoring 10 Arizona residents for making a positive impact on the stateís history, culture, environment and/or economy.
Selected from more than 100 nominees, the 2010 Arizona Culturekeepers honorees will be recognized at a luncheon ceremony on Sunday, September 19th, at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa.
The public is invited to participate in the uniquely Arizonan event. Tickets are $45. To purchase tickets, the public is encouraged to call The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa at 480-624- 1356. Proceeds will benefit the Arizona Culturekeepers program, Sharlot Hall Museum and Arizona Historical Society.
The 2010 Arizona Culturekeepers are:
- Reba Wells Grandrud, Phoenix, Historian
- Sue Harris, Phoenix, Arizona Performer and Songwriter
- Annie Anton, Pima, Basket Weaver
- Frank Barrios, Phoenix, Author, Historian
- Dan Harkins, Arcadia
- Bill Owen, Yavapai County, Artist
- Roxanne Knight, Springerville, Cultural Preservation
- Aaron Cohen, Scottsdale, Western Book Dealer
- Rose Mofford, Globe, Humanitarian, Historic Preservation
- Scottsdale Charros
Each Culturekeeper will be presented with an award that describes the individual’s or groupís contributions to the state. Plaques with photos of each honoree will be displayed along the walls of the Resort’s meeting space, including Culturekeepers Hall, a special area of the hotel adjacent to the Kierland Grand Ballroom.